You might be wondering what is legal in your state. In Washington, fireworks are allowed, including ground and sparkling handheld devices, cone fountains, cylindrical fountains, illuminating torches, wheels, Roman candles, and small projectiles. Although these are legal to purchase and use, they still need to be used responsibly.
Prohibited fireworks in Washington include sky
lanterns, bottle rockets, stick-type rockets, missile type rockets, helicopter
or aerial spinners, parachutes, firecrackers, M-80s, M-100s, and larger
Washington States Fireworks State Law
· You can purchase fireworks from a licensed retailer. You must be at least 16 years old to purchase fireworks, and you are only allowed to buy up to 12,000 fireworks without a permit.
· "It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer, possess, or use fireworks without a permit issued by the local jurisdiction. A permit may be obtained from the fire marshal of the jurisdiction where the fireworks display will occur."
· Permits are required for public and private displays of fireworks. The application must be submitted at least 30 days before the event.
· You must be at least 16 years old to purchase fireworks in Washington.
· It is unlawful for any person to ignite or discharge fireworks within 600 feet of an occupied building, vehicle, structure, or flammable material without the owner's express consent or occupants thereof.
Fireworks may not be used before 10 am or after
11:59 pm on the following days: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s
Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
Penalties For Using Illegal Use of Fireworks in Washington
If you are caught using fireworks without a permit, you may be fined up to $500. If you are caught selling or possessing fireworks without a permit, you may be fined $1,000. A person who violates any provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
When using fireworks, always use caution and follow the
instructions. Never point or throw fireworks at another person, and make sure
to have a water source nearby in case of accidents. Be aware of your
surroundings and dispose of used fireworks properly.
· Always have an adult present
· Never point or throw fireworks at another person
· Keep a bucket of water or a hose handy in case of fire
· Only light one firework at a time
Never try to relight a "dud" firework
Where Can I Buy Fireworks in Washington
Fireworks can be a fun addition to any celebration, but it's essential to use them safely and responsibly. Consider purchasing fireworks online; it's convenient and relatively cheap. Only purchase fireworks from a reliable source to ensure that you acquire high-quality fireworks. Also, discharge them in a secure location away from public premises.
At Fireworks.US, we are licensed dealers complying with Washington fireworks state laws. Our online shop stocks a wide selection of fireworks from all warehouses, and we ship across Washington state from any warehouse.
We have a team of experts willing to offer information on using the fireworks safely. And we are determined to assist you in making a selection matching your needs. For more information about fireworks in Washington and to place an order, visit our website at www.fireworks.us today.