Are you planning to start your own fireworks store? If you want to make a profitable business out of it, then there are many things you have to keep in mind before launching it. This article will cover everything you need to know before opening your fireworks stand.
Before you start your own fireworks shop, you have to buy wholesale fireworks to kickstart the business. Here at Fireworks.US, we sell fireworks of various types and related products at extremely affordable prices. When shopping from the wholesale fireworks category on our website, you can sort the products according to the warehouse, the size, and the price range of your budget.
You can check out our 3 wholesale packages and decide for yourself which one is most appropriate for you:
● Fireworks stand wholesale : This package is most appropriate for those who are just starting out in the fireworks industry. It costs $5,000, and you can get a 7% discount on the price, along with free shipping.
● Fireworks tent wholesale : This tent package is perfect for you if you have bigger but fewer locations and need a little more of the materials. It costs $10,000, with free shipping and a 14% discount.
● Fireworks store wholesale : If you already have an established fireworks store, a large location, multiple locations, or have full-time access to the spot, then this is the package for you. It costs $20,000, and you get a 21% discount and free shipping.
Buying from us will allow you to enjoy the most accessible supply and pricing methods for your fireworks business. For example, many factors set us aside from the several online fireworks stores.
● Save up on free shipping: If you haven't noticed yet, all the products mentioned above come with a free shipping advantage. We will be shipping you a truckload of fireworks, but you won't have to pay a single penny beyond that of the fireworks themselves. This is a huge advantage that can save you a value worth thousands of dollars in the long run. You can instead invest these dollars in expanding your business wider. No extra charge will be enforced.
● Can be purchased anytime: Fireworks are usually lit in specific seasons instead of throughout the year, so you might find it difficult to get a supply during normal periods. But in our shop, all packages and products can be purchased at any time of the year. And, of course, it is also ideal for getting your business through the busy 4th of July and New Year's seasons.
● Percentage-based discount on everything: With us, you won't have to shuffle through massive catalogs and choose specific products to order while also looking for the lowest possible price. That's too complicated and also the wrong method that a lot of beginner fireworks retailers make the mistake of following. Make it simpler and just get an overall bulk discount on everything.
All you have to do is tell us exactly what you are looking for, whether it be 500-gram cakes, artillery shells, bottle rockets, confetti cannons, fountains, and whatnot. We will then send you 25, 50, or 100 cases of the product with a percentage discount on the overall thing. So you won't have to look for discounts and affordable prices on every product separately; rather, the discount will be given on all your orders at once. This is a process that saves both time and energy, as you get to buy with just one click!
How to start off your first fireworks stand.
Here at Fireworks.us, we sell fireworks wholesale by the case, brought straight from the factories. Once you buy them, you have to do the calculation of the cost per piece in order to send them individually, and the calculation is straightforward and simple.
With smaller numbers, here is an example of how you can go about with it:
Suppose the case costs $150, and there are 4 pieces in the case. Dividing 150 by 4, you get the price of a single piece, which is $37.5.
So after you repackage the case, the cost price for each piece will be $37.5. The selling price, of course, has to be higher if you want to make a profit. So you can sell for a markup of anywhere from 2x to 4x of the cost per piece to sell retail to your customers and make a profit.
If you choose 2x markup, then it becomes $75. If you sell all four pieces, the total money you earn is (75x4) = $300. That is double the money you bought it with, and hence you're making a profit of $150 as well.
You've done the maths for the cases; now you can measure on a larger scale, as in, the packages.
● Fireworks stand wholesale: Suppose you bought 25 cases that cost $4,650 after discounts, so each case costs $186. If there are 6 pieces in that case, then you will get approximately $31 per piece. Multiply $31 by 2, 3, or 4 to get the price you will charge your customers with.
● Fireworks tent wholesale: Suppose you have bought 50 cases for $8,600 along with discounts. Then for a single case, you get $8,600/50 = $172 approximately. If there are 8 pieces in the case, you get about $21.50 per piece in the case. Then you can choose a markup between 2x-4x to sell.
● Fireworks store wholesale: Suppose you have bought 100 cases, which along with discounts, will cost you $15,800. That gives you $158 for a single case. If there are 12 pieces in the case, then you get approximately $13.12 for a single piece. Then charge your customers per piece by multiplying the cost price with 2, 3, or 4.
In order to choose the best location for your fireworks stands. Have a detailed idea of where potential customers come from, where the competitors are, and which types of fireworks sell the best. You must also take into account the local laws and how accessible the location is to the public.
It's common sense that you should aim for crowded areas that are easy to access. For special occasions like 4th of July, you may need to rent a piece of land, the cost of which will depend on the traffic and income of the local neighborhood.
First, make a whole list of all the permits and licenses that are required in your city, state, or county. You can look for this info online. But if you can't find it, then communicate with local personnel like the state fire marshal, the local fire department or fire protection district, the planning and zoning department or business services department of your area, etc.
It's good to get these as soon as possible before you start the business. Usually, the basic permits you will need are-
● Federal and State Tax ID numbers
● Sales Tax License
● State Fireworks Permit
Since you're just starting off with the business and are under a budget, you may be leaning more towards a tent or a temporary, shiftable stand.
Tents are great for grabbing people's attention since they can be decorated prettily. But not all states allow selling fireworks in tents. Moreover, tents require someone to keep watch overnight. In this case, a stand is the best option. You get to lock up at night before going home, so there's no need to worry about the safety of your products.
If you still go for a tent, it's advised that you rent one instead of buying it at first. That allows you to test the size and also get insurance if anything happens. Once you're established, you can aim for a brick-and-mortar structure.
If you are capable of managing the shop by yourself, then that's great. But if you have expanded the shop or it's big, to begin with, having some staff with you could be of great help. Especially during busy seasons, it will be difficult to manage by yourself. Here is a pro-tip: Teachers are usually out of school for the summer. They are great candidates to be your part-time seasonal employees for July 4th.
As a seller of fireworks, you will be stuck when it comes to the payment processors. Most of the popular payment processors, like Amazon Pay, Stripe, etc., will not accept fireworks sales. They classify fireworks in the same category as firearms and ammunition sales, which is not a fair classification.
But there is no need to worry because the platform named Square exists. This is a fireworks-friendly payment processor, and we recommend that you utilize it to the fullest. Otherwise, you may have to pay more for credit card processing via the other payment processors available.
You have done everything to set up the shop, but it's of no use if you don't get any customers. That's why advertising is important. Unfortunately, you cannot pay for ads for fireworks sales on popular social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Google. These platforms consider fireworks to be the same as guns and ammunition.
But don't worry; there are still ways to advertise outside social media. You can always try to rely on advertising means like billboards, pamphlets, flyers, business cards, words of mouth, and such.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors to take note of. You must sit down and check off everything one by one without leaving any gaps. That way, no one can stop your fireworks business from flourishing rapidly.