Yes, it is legal to buy fireworks in Oklahoma. However, there are some restrictions on what types of fireworks are allowed. Consumer fireworks such as sparklers and firecrackers are permitted, but you cannot buy aerial fireworks. If you want to buy fireworks for your Fourth of July celebration, be sure to check the laws in your state. Some cities don't allow fireworks, so be careful when shooting them off.
1. Aerial shells
2. Cone fountains
3. Cylindrical fountains
4. Flitter sparklers
5. Ground spinners
8. Parachute fireworks
10. Roman candles
11. Smoke devices
12. Star shells
It is illegal to buy fireworks considered "aerial devices in Oklahoma." It includes bottle rockets, skyrockets, and Roman candles. If you want to purchase these types of fireworks, you will need to go to a neighboring state. However, be sure to check the laws in that state before buying any fireworks.
Oklahoma Fireworks State Laws
The law does not allow individuals to purchase, possess or use fireworks considered "aerial devices." These include skyrockets, bottle rockets, and Roman candles.
It is also against the law to ignite or discharge these aerial devices:
1. Within 600 feet of any church, hospital, asylum, public school, other occupied building, or group of buildings.
2. Within 100 feet of where fireworks are stored or sold.
3. Into or from a moving motor vehicle.
4. Within 200 feet of any highway, railroad track, or bridge.
5. When the governor has declared a drought emergency.
6. When there is a fire in the area.
Persons under the age of 16 are not allowed to purchase, possess or use fireworks without the supervision of a parent or guardian.
It is against the law to ignite or discharge fireworks on New Year's Eve, except between 10 pm and 12:30 am the following day. On Independence Day, except between 10 am and 11 pm. Between 10 pm and 8 am, except on Saturdays and Sundays, and the following holidays: Independence Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
Violating any of the above-listed fireworks laws is a misdemeanor offense punishable by $500. If you are caught using aerial devices, you could be fined up to $1,000 and imprisoned.
1. Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
2. Avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and could be dangerous for consumers.
3. Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Move back to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
If you want to buy fireworks in Oklahoma, your best bet is to click on our website at www.fireworks.us. We are the leading licensed fireworks dealers In Oklahoma. We will save you the work of looking for vendors; it can be tedious, time-consuming, and you might possess illegal fireworks since most sellers are not licensed.
All you have to do is check out our online superstore for your preferred fireworks, and we will ship them to you from any warehouse in the country.